Harvest Seniors Update February 23, 2021
We are prayerfully taking the steps towards reopening Harvest Seniors services here at Bethel Brandon. The current Public Health orders allow us up to 10% of our capacity or 50 people, whichever is less, to attend. Since this number has to include the volunteers that work together to put on the service, we will have to limit registration to 40 people.
Registration for Harvest Seniors services will be up on the website and our Church Center App.
We are looking forward to meeting and enjoying time together. Harvest Seniors will continue to look a bit different because our priority is to create a safe and enjoyable experience here at Bethel Brandon for you, other guests and volunteers.
Here are a few important details:
- Physical distancing of a least two meters will be required, except for brief exchanges.
- We will be following all recommendations of the Manitoba Health Authority.
- There is a limit of 40 people (including volunteers).
- We have a registration process online to help guarantee your spot.
- We have a new touchless check-in process when you arrive.
For more details, please see the "What are you doing in response to COVID-19?" section below or visit the Covid-19 tab.
If you are interested in coming to Harvest Seniors, it is imperative you register. This way, the check-in process will be quicker and you can ensure that your seat will be reserved. It will be great to gather together again and see you. Thank you for your patience as we try to navigate these unique times.
About Harvest Seniors
Harvest Seniors seeks to connect those who consider themselves a senior in times of fellowship, sharing testimonies, study, prayer, worship and more. We want to invite you to a life that matters. Don’t miss out on the opportunity to be a part of the crowd that has served God in the past and continues to serve God now.
What to Expect at Harvest Seniors
When do Harvest Seniors meet?
We meet the second and fourth Thursday from 2-4 p.m. in the months of September through June.
Where do I go?
Typically we meet in the Dining Room at Bethel Brandon, 440 Richmond Ave., but we also have a few off-site activities throughout the year.
What is the parking like?
When you arrive at Bethel Brandon for Harvest Seniors, you can park in the front parking lot and use the main entrance.
How should I dress?
You should wear what you're comfortable wearing.
What are you doing in response to COVID-19?
Our priority is to create a safe and enjoyable experience here at Bethel Brandon. Just a few of the actions we are taking:
- Increasing the routine cleaning of high-touch, hard surface areas.
- Physical distancing of two meters.
- Providing hand sanitizer at all entrances and main areas of the building.
- All snacks, coffee and tea will be served to you.
- Everyone, except children under five (5) years of age, must wear a mask when inside the church building. They can remove their mask only when they are seated with physical distancing of two meters (six feet) from people not in their household.
- When they leave their seat (e.g. to go to the washroom or leave the service), they must wear a mask until they return and are again seated two meters (six feet) from people not in their household.
- There are some exceptions. People who do not have to wear masks include:
- a child who is under five years of age;
- a person with a medical condition that is unrelated to COVID-19, including breathing or cognitive difficulties, or a disability, that prevents them from safely wearing a mask; and
- a person who is unable to put on or take off a mask without the help of another person.
- Following all recommendations of the local health authority.
Have questions about Harvest Seniors? Please fill out an online contact form and we will direct it to the appropriate Harvest Seniors Leader.