Moms Connect Update November 12, 2020
Manitoba has been placed under code red, meaning all In-Person Church gatherings are postponed.
Moms Connect will be live-streaming on their Facebook group.
About Moms Connect
Moms Connect, formerly Master's Moms, welcomes moms of all ages with children of all ages. Our passion is to have "Every Week, Every Mom Encouraged and Equipped." Our start this year will look a little bit different. In September, we are going to meet on Monday nights from 6:30 - 8:30 p.m. At this time, we are not providing childcare.
The evening will include some singing, coffee and a devotional. We sing most of the current music and some older hymns too. If you don't know the songs, the words are displayed on screens for your convenience.
What are you doing in response to COVID-19?
Our priority is to create a safe and enjoyable experience here at Bethel Brandon. Just a few of the actions we are taking:
Increasing the routine cleaning of high-touch, hard surface areas.
Physical distancing of two meters.
Providing hand sanitizer at all entrances and main areas of the building.
- New requirements (November 2, 2020) from Manitoba Public Health as it pertains to Faith Based Gatherings in Code Orange
- Capacity limit of 50.
- Everyone, except children under five (5) years of age, must wear a mask when inside the church building. They can remove their mask only when they are seated with physical distancing of two meters (six feet) from people not in their household.
- When they leave their seat (e.g. to go to the washroom or leave the service), they must wear a mask until they return and are again seated two meters (six feet) from people not in their household.
- There are some exceptions. People who do not have to wear masks include:
- a child who is under five years of age;
- a person with a medical condition that is unrelated to COVID-19, including breathing or cognitive difficulties, or a disability, that prevents them from safely wearing a mask; and
- a person who is unable to put on or take off a mask without the help of another person.
Following all recommendations of the local health authority.
What is the parking like?
When you arrive at Bethel Brandon for Moms Connect, you can park in the front parking lot and use the main entrance. We also have marked Wheelchair and Seniors parking spaces.
Where do I go?
There will be some friendly people to say hello, and guide you to the touchless check in process and answer any questions you might have. They will also explain and help you with our new seating arrangement. Moms Connect meets in the Dining Room here at Bethel Brandon, 440 Richmond Ave.
Where do my children go?
Unfortunately, we are not offering childcare at this time. Nursing little ones are welcome to stay with you. We will resume childcare soon.
What is the devotional like?
The devotionals are interesting, enjoyable, and relevant to daily life. It will always be Biblically based. Hopefully, you'll laugh at times and maybe feel a tug at your heart too – our goal is every week, every mom, encouraged and equipped.
How long is it?
We focus on spending quality time in God's presence but also honouring your time. Each meeting will be two (2) hours in length.